We have been kept very busy with lots of baby and injured bats coming into the sanctuary. Our Facebook page is regularly updated with lots of bat pictures and videos, so head over there for lots of updates.
Baby bat season is upon us! If you see a baby bat, or bat in general, out in the daytime you can do the following whilst seeking help:
1. Pick it up gently using gloves or a cloth.
2. Contain the bat in a small box with a milk bottle top filled with water, ensure there are small airholes in the box.
3. DO NOT examine the bat unless you are a handler. We unfortunately get lots of bats come in to us that have broken wings or dislocations due to improper handling.
4. Do not attempt to feed the bat, especially cows milk, water can be offered on a paintbrush.
5. Call for help as soon as possible: Bat Conservation Trust: 03451300228, Last Chance Hotel: 07809768471 or 07547617540.
If in any doubt please take bats to vets who can offer treatment and contact rescues.